Catherine reassesses public duties amid ongoing recovery
Prince William is said to be fiercely protective of Catherine’s well-being as she continues her recovery following cancer treatment, with royal sources revealing the couple is reevaluating their long-term approach to royal life.
According to insiders speaking to The Daily Beast, the Princess of Wales is in the midst of a major reassessment of her work-life balance.
“Catherine is recalibrating her entire life,” a former royal aide shared, pointing to a shift toward a slower, more mindful schedule moving forward.
This adjustment was reflected earlier in the week when she withdrew from the Royal Ascot carriage procession just hours before it began. Her team cited the need for “balance” as she gradually eases back into public engagements.
Though Catherine made poignant appearances at Trooping the Colour and the Order of the Garter, sources close to the couple indicate that her calendar will be scaled back in the near term to ensure her health remains the top priority.
Despite fewer public appearances, Catherine remains active in her charitable work, much of it now taking place behind the scenes. On Friday, she issued a touching message for Children’s Hospice Week, reaffirming her role as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and Tŷ Hafan in South Wales.
“The important thing here is Catherine’s recovery,” a palace insider said, noting that the recent string of appearances—three in less than a week—may have pushed too far, too soon. “It was too much, unfortunately, and the lesson has been learned.”
Prince William, described as unwavering in his devotion, continues to stand firmly by her side. “If she needs more time to recover,” said a former staffer, “William will fight tooth and nail to ensure she gets it.”