Type Here to Get Search Results !

‘The law must take its course’: King Charles responds to Andrew’s arrest

‘The law must take its course’: King Charles responds to Andrew’s arrest

Buckingham Palace has released a statement from King Charles III following the arrest of his younger brother, Andrew, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

In the statement issued on Thursday, the King said he was “deeply concerned” by the news and stressed the importance of allowing the legal process to run its course. “Let me state, clearly: the law must take its course,” he said, calling for a “full, fair and proper process” as the investigation continues.

The monarch also underlined the Palace’s position on cooperation with authorities. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation,” the statement added.

Charles confirmed he would not comment further while the inquiry is ongoing, saying it would be inappropriate to do so. He noted that he and his family would continue with their public duties during this period.

Andrew, who was previously stripped of his royal titles and removed from Royal Lodge in Windsor, was arrested on Thursday as part of a widening police investigation linked to allegations emerging from the Jeffrey Epstein files. The arrest relates to Andrew’s former role as a UK trade envoy.

The case marks an extraordinary moment for the royal family. The arrest of a senior royal is unprecedented in modern British history. Police confirmed that officers were also carrying out searches at two properties, one in eastern England and another west of London.

‘The law must take its course’: King Charles responds to Andrew’s arrest

In a statement, Thames Valley Police said a man in his sixties from Norfolk had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. As is standard practice in the UK, the individual was not formally named. The force added that searches were underway at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk, and that the man remained in custody.

Thursday also coincided with Andrew’s 66th birthday, adding to what has already been a deeply damaging chapter for the disgraced former royal.

The statement from the King was released by Buckingham Palace, as public and political scrutiny around the case continues to intensify.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad