William shares heartfelt message during return to Nansledan development
Prince William has shared an emotional update after returning to the Nansledan development in Cornwall, a project focused on creating long-term opportunities and helping tackle homelessness in the region.
The Prince of Wales visited the growing community in Newquay on Thursday to see the progress being made on the housing initiative launched three years ago through the Duchy of Cornwall.
In a message posted on the official Instagram account of the Prince and Princess of Wales, William reflected on how the project has developed and the difference it is already making for local residents.
“Three years ago, we set out to take a different approach, to think more carefully about how the Duchy could use its land to create opportunity and support people over the long term, including launching a project here in Cornwall to help tackle homelessness with the right support around it,” William shared.
He said it was encouraging to return to Nansledan and see the vision beginning to come to life while meeting people now living in the community.
“It’s fantastic to come back at Nansledan and to see that beginning to take shape, and to meet some of the people now calling it home,” he added.
William also acknowledged there is still more work ahead but said the progress so far highlights what can happen when people work together with a shared goal.
“There’s still more to do, but it’s encouraging to see what’s already possible when you bring together the right people, ideas and ambition,” he concluded, signing the message simply with “W.”
A photograph released alongside the statement showed William walking through the expanding development during his visit to Cornwall.
