Type Here to Get Search Results !

Meghan Markle and Harry critic reacts as Duke faces possible multi-million-pound legal bill

Meghan Markle and Harry critic reacts as Duke faces possible multi-million-pound legal bill

Royal commentator Angela Levin has reacted after Prince Harry and several other claimants were ordered to contribute towards the legal costs of Associated Newspapers following the dismissal of their privacy case.

Earlier this month, a High Court judge ruled against Harry, Sir Elton John and five other public figures who had accused the publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday of unlawful information-gathering, including alleged phone hacking.

At a hearing on Wednesday, the court was told that Associated Newspapers had accumulated legal costs of around £34.5 million. The claimants reportedly hold insurance covering up to £16 million, while the publisher is seeking an interim payment of £10 million.

Commenting on the development, Levin claimed that Harry had been determined to win the case partly because of the impact he believed the newspaper’s coverage had had on Meghan Markle.

“Prince Harry has been desperate to win his court case against the Mail’s publisher, partly, he said, because the Mail upset his wife Meghan,” she wrote.

Meghan Markle and Harry critic reacts as Duke faces possible multi-million-pound legal bill

Levin also argued that Harry’s confidence in the case had encouraged other high-profile figures, including Baroness Doreen Lawrence and Sir Elton John, to become involved.

She further criticised the Duke for describing the ruling as a “whitewash,” noting that the judge had rejected all 97 allegations brought by the claimants.

“Now Harry and co could be faced with an £18 million legal bill,” Levin added.

The final amount the claimants will be required to pay has not yet been confirmed.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad